Strategic Analyst, Assistant Manager
Become a part of the strong Strategic Consultancy team within the region and participate in international quality real estate consulting assignments, wherein the candidate is expected to prepare business reports for clients seeking professional advice from Savills on their future real estate development or real estate investment plans. Projects are located in various countries of the GCC and Middle East region and the candidate will be travelling to these project locations alongside the project team. These assignments provide a robust platform for the candidate to excel in the consultancy industry and grow on to become a seasoned professional leading project opportunities for various real estate companies worldwide.
The consultancy assignment tasks would start by travelling to the project location to undertake a site visit, carrying out research and analysis for local market data – such as sales volume of real estate projects, noting and preparing a list of upcoming projects in the market, calculating the supply and demand for all types of real estate projects within the selected geography, conducting benchmarking exercise with comparable regional and global developments, making recommendations for new development (that is market linked), understanding the impact of phasing and timeline for a project completion, adding thoughts and commentary on important features such as payment plans, parking ratios, etc. Finally, performing a financial analysis on the future project plan (discounted cash flow for project returns and IRR estimates).
- Carry out a thorough primary and secondary research to analyse the real estate market for relevant components – by understanding the supply, demand, performance, outlook, etc.
- Ability to understand the real estate development models – land lease, rent and sale model
- Ability to assess real estate performances for various projects – such as understanding total supply of rooms, units, Gross Leasable Areas, etc. along with the performance attributes such as rents, sale prices per sft, land area required, Floor Adequacy Ratio (FAR) applicable, etc.
- Understanding the demand qualifications applicable in real estate industry – such as total household requirement in the city (using population dynamics), calculation of office requirement in a city (using employee breakdown per sector), etc.
- Assist in preparing supply and demand database for each component in multiple geographies – which includes a historic build-up of existing projects, their demand, and future pipeline of the new and upcoming projects
- Undertake market segmentation analysis for varied types of asset classes – such as residential, retail, hotels, office, industrial, entertainment, etc.
- Prepare and keep benchmark templates ready for comparable projects – which can be used in study reports
- Jointly develop, deliver and enhance Savills’ current data collection and analysis programme. Prepare database and performance sheets using MS Excel platform
- Analyse market findings and write a comprehensive report on the impact of macro-economic and property market trends (all reports prepared using MS PowerPoint & MS Word platforms)
- Assist in preparation of study reports, by writing detailed sections on macro-economic overview, site analysis, zonal analysis, market analysis, benchmark and sub-market analysis, development program plan, financial projections, etc.
- Collate and gather relevant market led data for project program plan, preparing the project phasing plan, developing the project brief, comparing the brief with competing projects in market, etc.
- Prepare a list of relevant assumptions for all inputs required in the financial model for project financial analysis
- Assist and develop – excel financial models, which should include project program plan, project brief, project inputs, assumptions for financial assessment
- Assist in running and reviewing the project development plan & financial model in MS Excel
- Actively contribute to broader team responsibilities within the global business
- Assist project manager and team lead in preparing new business proposals (business development activity) to secure new project for strategic developments in the region and wider Global Business opportunities
- Develop and deliver a range of presentations on the studies prepare for internal and external audiences (clients and other stakeholders), whilst also supporting the development of presentations for senior business leaders
- Keep abreast of market developments and share regular updates with the team and the business
- Contribute to wider projects as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor or a Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Real Estate, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management, Business Planning, Supply Chain Management, or Finance is preferred (if the candidate does not hold a Master’s degree, minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in the similar fields).
- A prior working experience of minimum 1 years to maximum of 3 years is preferred
- Good proficiency and working experience on tools such as MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Preparation of Charts, Maps, etc. and overall data management
- Able to multi-task, work on multiple projects together, etc. with a keen willingness to learn and develop a deeper understanding of the preparing good quality project reports
- Sound understanding of financial concepts – such as how to understand costs, revenues, profits, IRR, NPV, cashflows
- Interpersonal skills – to be able to communicate and relay thoughts well with colleagues, clients and stakeholders at various levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English (if knows Arabic will be advantageous)
- Attention to detail
- Team player
Use of Personal Data
Savills will use your personal data to evaluate and respond to your application. This may result in us processing personal data which is classified as “special” under data protection legislation. Where this is the case, our basis for processing special category personal data is that it is in the public interest for us to ensure meaningful equal opportunity and diversity monitoring and reporting.
For more information on Privacy & Cookies Policy please visit our website https://www.savills.me/
This Vacancy is closed to applications.