PR and Content Executive
An exciting opportunity has emerged for a PR and Content Executive to join the highly regarded Marketing & Business Development team at Savills Middle East. The position is based in Dubai and reports into the Associate Director – Marketing and Communications.
Savills business in the Middle East is constantly building in scale, experience and capabilities and your involvement would be a vital part of how we will continue to win market share. The main objective of the role is to elevate the visibility and impact of the Savills brand and its experts in the public domain. This will be achieved through a combination of efforts including the creation and release of research-backed content, media outreach, spokesperson profiling, reputation management etc.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in PR and content development. They will need to show initiative, be self-motivated, efficient, proactive and creative. A ‘can do’ mindset, the ability to work under pressure and be able to prioritise effectively is important. This role will be based in Dubai but will support a regional business that spans six countries.
- Draft press releases, inbound interview responses with inputs from Savills SMEs & other communication material as necessary for dissemination to the press
- Develop and maintain a PR plan whilst including planned global & local research launches & thought leadership pieces
- Develop media relations strategy, pitching bespoke story angles & secure high-level placements & interviews in print, broadcast, and online media to increase company visibility
- Review, with the wider team, key messages & regional strategy to be used in the development of PR content
- Create and maintain list of targeted local and regional media titles and key contacts across different tiers, markets & industries that complement the Savills business
- Build connections with media & key journalists through a mix of channels, from traditional to digital and social
- Develop and maintain press kit, updating with new content where relevant & review/maintain current materials
- Forecast news cycles and identify areas of trending public interest, exploring opportunities for comment where possible
- Maintain an events calendar where Savills can participate in speaking opportunities/offer insights for related news stories
- Plan media support and attendance at events (media round tables, press conferences, trade shows or webinars)
- Understand the competitive landscape to identify areas of strengths & opportunities
- Help establish crisis strategies and contain any damage
- Use media monitoring tools and software to generate insightful reports on reach and impact of press activities & understand ROI
- Review Arabic language translation of content received from translation agency
- Aid marketing team and Savills SMEs in drafting other content as necessary (blog posts, op-eds, scripts for videos & podcasts, internal comms, website content)
- Coordinate content requirements of special projects of interest to the Savills business
- Help Research team in finalising reports through proofreading & sub-editing
- Participate in regular meetings with key spokespeople of Savills to identify content themes & story ideas
- Update social media team on content releases to ensure alignment in marketing activities & maintain proactive and regular communication.
- Country and service leads in the Middle East and Europe business
- RESI, Commercial, Corporate and Bids teams - from Directors to Graduate interns - in Savills Europe, Middle East & Asia business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Exceptional writing, editing and communications skills
- Bilingual/Multi-lingual – Advanced English and Arabic preferred
- Knowledge of traditional and digital media and social media
- Excellent organisational skills and comfortable in meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically, exhibiting curiosity and persistence
- 2-3 years past work experience in a newsroom or public relations in agency or client-side
- Established media relationships, will the ability to expand the network further
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)
- Microsoft Office skills for document production.
Use of Personal Data
Savills will use your personal data to evaluate and respond to your application. This may result in us processing personal data which is classified as “special” under data protection legislation. Where this is the case, our basis for processing special category personal data is that it is in the public interest for us to ensure meaningful equal opportunity and diversity monitoring and reporting.
For more information on Privacy & Cookies Policy please visit our website https://www.savills.me/
This Vacancy is closed to applications.